Noble Hill-Wheeler Memorial Center
Marion Coleman - Curator
Joy Hill - Director
Who We Are
The Noble Hill-Wheeler Memorial Center is a restored Rosenwald School that was built in 1923 as the first school for black
children, which was built to standard specifications in Northwest Georgia.
The school was closed in 1955 when black children in Bartow County were consolidated to form the Bartow Elementary School-
After restoration in 1989 the building now serves as a black cultural museum that features historical aspects of black culture
in Bartow County, with the primary focus being on lifestyles dating back to the late 1800's.
The museum includes historical information on all schools for blacks from the early 1900 s and more.
The Museum includes historical information
on all schools for black from the early 1900's and more.
Copyright © 2016 by Noble Hill-Wheeler Memorial Center All Right Reserved